ML/NLP Engineer | Palo Alto, CA
Software Engineering, Data Science
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Online misinformation, hate speech, child endangerment, and extreme violence are some of the world's most critical and complex problems. Trust Lab is a fast-growing, VC-backed startup, founded by ex-Google, TikTok and Reddit executives determined to use software engineering, ML, and data science to tackle these challenges and make the internet healthier and safer for everyone.
If you’re interested in working with the world’s largest social media companies and online platforms, and building technologies to mitigate these issues, you’ve come to the right place. We are a small, global and are prioritizing candidates in the Palo Alto, CA and Ankara, Turkey areas.
As an engineer on our team, you’ll work directly with ex-senior leaders from Google, YouTube, TikTok, and Reddit, build and commercialize cutting-edge technologies, and have the opportunity to develop your skills across a varied tech stack including generative AI technologies. We are a tech-first company, and our engineers are the lifeblood of everything we do. You can expect rapid growth and mentorship opportunities, meaningful work, and a fun work environment.
Opportunities + Perks
- Use and experiment with latest generative AI technologies
- Work directly with ex-Google execs to develop and execute on cutting-edge tech
- Competitive total comp package (salary + equity) at a rapidly growing VC-backed startup
- Influence new product direction from idea to commercialization
- Help develop critical tech to solve one of the 21st century’s trickiest societal problems
- Generous technology + education stipends and healthcare coverage
- Co-locate with one of our teams in Palo Alto, Ankara (or Berlin). Flexible work arrangements are an option.
- Extract features from content (text, images, videos)
- Build classification models to identify unsafe online content
- Leverage off-the-shelf, pre-trained models (including large language models) and other heuristics where appropriate
- Work with team to productionize models in a high throughput, low latency setting
- Design industry-leading solutions informed by a thorough understanding of the domain
- Take ownership of modeling e2e to meet business requirements
- A technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience developing software
- At least 2+ years of professional software development experience (in the industry) where you were coding at least 50% of the time
- Past experience relevant to the above responsibilities
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code and high comfort level with Python
- Experience building and tuning multi-modal ML systems
Extras (nice-to-have but not required!)
- Experience or interest in working in the Trust and Safety industry
- Familiarity with AWS primitives, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda
We are an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and believes that people of varied backgrounds working together lead to the best outcomes across all levels of a company. This is your chance to help build world-class technology in a space that greatly matters to society, working with a team that is invested in your professional growth! Our team members come from all different parts of the world, perspectives, ages, and experiences.