Global Operations Lead | US* Remote
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Online misinformation, hate speech, child endangerment, and extreme violence are some of the world's most critical and complex problems. Trust Lab is a fast-growing, VC-backed startup, founded by ex-Google executives determined to use software engineering, ML, and data science to tackle these challenges and make the internet healthier and safer for everyone.
If you’re interested in working with the world’s largest social media companies and online platforms, and building technologies to mitigate these issues, you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for proven Policy Leaders who want to solve difficult problems and use tech for good in the Trust & Safety industry.
We are a small, global, mostly remote team and you can be based anywhere in the US*, or join our team in-person in Palo Alto, CA.
*You must be located in one of these US states in order to apply for the role: CA, CO, CT, DC, MA, MD, MI, MT, NY, OR, PA, TX, VA, WI, WY.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced individual to join our team as the Global Operations Lead, reporting into the Director of Policy and Operations at Trust Lab.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving the implementation of policies and operational strategies to ensure the safety and integrity of Trust Lab’s work on a global scale. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including outside counsel, product and engineering teams, and customer success to define and execute initiatives that mitigate risks, maintain compliance with regulations, and enhance client trust in our work.
- Implement global policies and operational guidelines to address common Trust & Safety issues that technology platforms and regulators face, including content moderation, user behavior, third-party ToS violations, and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Monitor and evaluate key performance metrics and other KPIs to assess the effectiveness of of policies and operations, identifying areas for improvement and implementing corrective actions as needed
- Provide guidance and mentorship to drive excellence and ensure alignment with company objectives
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish robust, industry-standard processes for content moderation, user communications, and enforcement actions, ensuring consistent and effective policy enforcement
- Monitor and analyze trends from the field to proactively surface policy, training, and operational gaps to address evolving challenges
- Manage and improve all BPO agent quality assurance processes
- Foster partnerships with external organizations and industry peers to exchange best practices, share knowledge, and contribute to the development of industry-wide Trust & Safety standards
- Lead the charge with implementing emerging technologies, tools, and methodologies relevant to Trust & Safety, recommending innovative solutions to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Extensive experience in Trust & Safety, operation management, or related fields, preferably in a global context
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven mindset to drive decision-making and continuous improvement
- Strong knowledge of online platforms, content moderation, user behavior analysis, and regulatory compliance
- Proven track record in managing scaled, multi-vendor BPOs and implementing effective Trust & Safety policies and operational strategies
- Familiarity with industry standards, best practices, and emerging trends in Trust & Safety
- Proven track record of negotiating strong content moderation BPO contracts, and improving SLAs and KPIs with content moderation service providers
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment, with a love of building new processes from the ground up
- Previous experience with Zendesk
- Previous experience managing a diverse and geographically dispersed outsourced workforce encompassing various languages, cultural nuances, and global locations
Opportunities + Perks
- Competitive total compensation package with stock options at a rapidly growing Series A, VC-backed startup
- Remote-first, with the ability to work anywhere or co-locate with our Palo Alto team
- Work from home office support to create the perfect at-home setup
- Comprehensive health insurance packages Individual wellness stipend
- Professional development opportunities
- Influence new product direction from idea to commercialization
- Help develop critical tech to solve one of the 21st century’s trickiest societal problems
We are an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and believes that people of varied backgrounds working together lead to the best outcomes across all levels of a company. This is your chance to help build world-class technology in a space that greatly matters to society, working with a team that is invested in your professional growth! Our team members come from all different parts of the world, perspectives, ages, and experiences.