Intel Analyst | Contractor | US Remote
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Online misinformation, hate speech, child endangerment, and extreme violence are some of the world's most critical and complex problems. Trust Lab is a fast-growing, VC-backed startup, founded by ex-Google executives determined to use software engineering, ML, and data science to tackle these challenges and make the internet healthier and safer for everyone.
If you’re interested in working with the world’s largest social media companies and online platforms, and building technologies to mitigate these issues, you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for proven Policy Leaders who want to solve difficult problems and use tech for good in the Trust & Safety industry.
We are a small, global, mostly remote team and you can be based anywhere in the US, or join our team in-person in Palo Alto, CA.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced individual to join our team as an Intelligence Analyst, reporting into the Director of Policy and Operations at Trust Lab.
The Intelligence Analyst is responsible for conducting thorough research and investigations within the Policy and Operations team, utilizing advanced data analysis techniques to identify emerging threats. Working closely with cross-functional teams, this role compiles comprehensive reports based on investigative findings, contributing to policy improvements. You have strong leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills. You also have a thorough understanding of relevant laws and regulations, as well as experience in risk management and investigations. Experience in Trust and Safety investigations and familiarity with large social media platforms is also beneficial.
- Conduct in-depth investigations into user behavior, content, and peer-to-peer interactions according to Trust Lab requirements
- Analyze large datasets to detect trends, patterns, and anomalies that may indicate potential threats or emerging abuse across the internet
- Be informed of emerging trends, threats, and industry developments as it relates to online safety and trust issues
- Generate clear and concise reports on investigative findings, trends, and recommendations for action
- Assist in responding to critical incidents and escalations by providing insight and recommendations to high profile clients
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. Criminology, Cybersecurity, Intelligence analysis)
- Proven experience in conducting online investigations, preferably in Trust and Safety, cybersecurity, or law enforcement context
- Strongly analytical skills with ability to work with large datasets and draw meaningful conclusions
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Understanding of online safety and trust issues, including the knowledge of relevant laws and regulations
- Proficiency in OSINT methods and tooling
- SQL (Particularly Postgres)
- Bonus: Network graphs / graph databases (Neo4j, Neptune, Maltego)
Opportunities + Perks
- Competitive compensation at a rapidly growing Series A, VC-backed startup
- Remote-first, with the ability to work anywhere or co-locate with our Palo Alto team
- Influence new product direction from idea to commercialization
- Help develop critical tech to solve one of the 21st century’s trickiest societal problems
We are an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and believes that people of varied backgrounds working together lead to the best outcomes across all levels of a company. This is your chance to help build world-class technology in a space that greatly matters to society, working with a team that is invested in your professional growth! Our team members come from all different parts of the world, perspectives, ages, and experiences.