Sr. Frontend Engineer | Palo Alto, CA
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Trust Lab's mission is to help make the internet a safer place for all of humanity.
Online misinformation, hate speech, child endangerment, and extreme violence are some of the world's most critical and complex problems. Trust Lab is a fast-growing, VC-backed startup, founded by ex-Google, TikTok and Reddit executives determined to use software engineering, ML, and data science to tackle these challenges and make the internet healthier and safer for everyone.
If you’re interested in working with the world’s largest social media companies and online platforms, and building technologies to mitigate these issues, you’ve come to the right place.
About the Role
Engineers at Trust Lab are responsible for the entire software development lifecycle of our products and services which include both internal and customer-facing software. Whether closing gaps in our abuse processing pipeline, extending our Trust & Safety platform or building roadmaps the future of Trust & Safety solutions, our engineers are critical to Trust Lab’s ability to help make the internet a safer place.
What you'll do
You will work closely with the product owners and design/UX team and must be comfortable seeking feedback from non-technical sources. You will also collaborate with the backend engineers on the team on design and functionality of APIs that power our UIs. We work iteratively and deploy often (can be several times a day). We build and maintain several internal and external facing UIs which are TypeScript / React applications. Familiarity with charting libraries, graph visualization, authentication, frontend security and devops technologies is desirable but not mandatory
- Design, build, run and scale UIs for Trustlab’s external product surfaces including compliance and analytics portals
- Analyze and communicate complex technical requirements and concepts, able to identify the highest priority areas and carve a path to delivery
- Collaborate with product and design teams to understand goals and translate UI design into products that align with the customer need
- Collaborate with other software engineers in the team to align on API designs and functionality
- Facilitate technical collaboration across Eng, Product, Customer Success
- Mentor and guide teammates to help build collective knowledge and technical frontend expertise
Requirements / Qualifications
- Must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- A technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience developing software
- 4+ years of professional software development experience (in the industry)
- Familiarity with Frontend frameworks, preferably React
- Experience developing systems in cloud environments (we currently use AWS Lambda and Kubernetes, but your experience may vary)
- Knowledge of database technologies / practices - SQL, NoSQL, Event-driven / Asynchronous Processing, RBDMS, Data Warehousing etc is recommended
- Familiarity with common DevOps patterns and tooling in cloud environments is a plus, though there will be DevOps engineers working with you
- High-level project management skills, and facility with tools such as Jira
- Good communication skills
Extras (nice-to-have but not required!)
- Experience or passion for Trust and Safety
- Experience as a technical lead
Opportunities + Perks
- Competitive total compensation package with stock options at a rapidly growing Series A, VC-backed startup
- Comprehensive health insurance packages
- Remote-first, with the ability to work anywhere or co-locate with our Palo Alto team
- Work from home office support to create the perfect at-home setup
- Individual wellness stipend
- Professional development opportunities
- Influence new product direction from idea to commercialization
- Help develop critical tech to solve one of the 21st century’s trickiest societal problems
- Work directly with ex-Google execs to develop and execute on cutting-edge tech
We are an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and believes that people of varied backgrounds working together lead to the best outcomes across all levels of a company. This is your chance to help build world-class technology in a space that greatly matters to society, working with a team that is invested in your professional growth! Our team members come from all different parts of the world, perspectives, ages, and experiences.