Administrative Assistant | Palo Alto, CA | Contractor
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
Online misinformation, hate speech, child endangerment, and extreme violence are some of the world's most critical and complex problems. Trust Lab is a fast-growing, VC-backed startup, founded by ex-Google, TikTok and Reddit executives determined to use software engineering, ML, and data science to tackle these challenges and make the internet healthier and safer for everyone.
If you’re interested in working with the world’s largest social media companies and online platforms, and building technologies to mitigate these issues, you’ve come to the right place. We are a small, global, mostly remote team and you must be based near Palo Alto, California as the role will require some in-person work at our Headquarters.
About the role
Trust Lab is looking for an Executive Assistant to support our CEO and organization-at-large with coordination tasks. Candidates should have prior administrative experience working with C-suite executives and be eager to support efforts to make our live and virtual offices operate more efficiently.
- Manage calendar, travel, and reimbursements for our CEO and other C-level execs as needed.
- Create "fun" offerings org-wide to foster a sense of community across our distributed team.
- Support the administrative tasks of our HR team as needed (i.e. print documents to post in the ofc, reschedule interviews).
- Welcome clients, guests and new employees at our Palo Alto headquarters as needed; orient them to the space and ensure they are connected to the right folks at Trust Lab.
- Research, design and source swag with vendor partners; keep the swag inventory neat and send swag to partners as needed.
- Manage org-wide meetings, recordings, notes, Q&A, source content as needed.
- Coordinate global offsite activities: negotiate contracts with hotels & vendors, design team-building activities, track offsite travel spend, secure meal and activity reservations, facilitate carpools and bed assignments, etc.
- Manage distribution of company hardware by creating and implementing an asset management system.
- Identify opportunities to operationalize and streamline administrative tasks org-wide; manage the administrative hygiene of the org.
- 3+ years of admin, recruiting coordinator, project or program manager experience
- Expert admin skills: attention to detail, self-starter, work independently, execute with confidence, ask for help when needed
- Strong aptitude for communication, prioritization, and time management; you're good at follow-through on multi-step tasks
- Hunger to learn and actively look for opportunities to contribute
Opportunities + Perks
- Hybrid, work from anywhere 70%, work from Palo Alto headquarters 30%
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development opportunities
- Work closely with the leadership team to create organizational infrastructure that serves a business long-term
- Support the hyper-growth of an org that is going to make the internet safer for all
- Flexible, fun, fast-moving working environment with lots of work ownership; feel accomplished every day
We are an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and believes that people of varied backgrounds working together lead to the best outcomes across all levels of a company. This is your chance to help build world-class technology in a space that greatly matters to society, working with a team that is invested in your professional growth! Our team members come from all different parts of the world, perspectives, ages, and experiences.