Policy and Operations Analyst | Contract to Hire | Hybrid
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2023
Online misinformation, hate speech, child endangerment, and extreme violence are some of the world's most critical and complex problems. TrustLab is a fast-growing, VC-backed startup, founded by ex-Google, TikTok and Reddit executives determined to use software engineering, ML, and data science to tackle these challenges and make the internet healthier and safer for everyone. If you’re interested in working with the world’s largest social media companies and online platforms, and building technologies to mitigate these issues, you’ve come to the right place.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced individual to join our team as a Policy Analyst at TrustLab. This role must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but we are a work-from-home friendly team.
To be successful as a Policy & Operations Analyst, you should have a broad understanding of the business technology landscape, the ability to weed out data to inform decision-making, and strong analytical skills. Ultimately, you should have an aptitude for using a variety of tools to gather and analyze data, a familiarity with machine learning and human labeling processes, strong written and verbal communication of quantitative insights, and willingness to roll up your sleeves to dig into and address root causes.
- Investigate online abuse trends and identify patterns to detect unsafe online entities
- Design, test, and iterate solutions to detect unsafe online entities and trends at scale
- Draft actionable instructions to find / label online abuse
- Extract, interpret, and present data on abuse trends and insights
- Partner with the company's engineering and vendor teams to develop trust and safety systems that combine machine intelligence and human moderation
- Conduct analysis of the performance of existing internal trust and safety enforcement processes and policies, interpret results, and make improvements
- Strong foundation as an operational or business analyst. Bachelor's degree or equivalent with in depth practical experience conducting data driven investigations
- Successful track record converting data analysis into powerful product and business insights
- Command of SQL or other database query languages, strong data analysis / visualization via advanced Google Sheets and/or Python, R, etc
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and deliver results in environments of rapid change/ambiguity.
- Demonstrated passion for the online safety space and 2+ years experience working in Trust and Safety operations
Opportunities and perks
- Competitive compensation at a rapidly growing Series A, VC-backed startup
- Remote-first, with the ability to work from home or co-locate with our Palo Alto team
- Influence new product direction from idea to commercialization
- Help develop critical tech to solve one of the 21st century’s trickiest societal problems
We are an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and believes that people of varied backgrounds working together lead to the best outcomes across all levels of a company. This is your chance to help build world-class technology in a space that greatly matters to society, working with a team that is invested in your professional growth! Our team members come from all different parts of the world, perspectives, ages, and experiences.